Saturday 21 April 2018

BUILD YOUR OWN HMS TERROR!

Those of you who follow me on social media may have noticed some cryptic Tweets and Instagram posts hinting that I would announce something "exciting" very soon. It is my great pleasure to reveal that OcCre, makers of fine ship model kits, has created the world’s first HMS Terror model kit, and it is based on my research, plans, and designs. 


OcCre's HMS Terror model is fully rigged and can be painted to match
Terror's original colour scheme

It is a beautiful fully-rigged model, and includes all the fittings and features that made Terror the world’s greatest polar exploration vessel.  You will find Captain Phillip’s Patent Capstan, her unique companionways, Masseys patent pumps, the retractable propellerher special stern lights, and her sturdy ship’s wheel. Included are three ship's boats,  the various flues for her locomotive engine, furnace, and stove, her iron bow plating, and all the rigging necessary to show her under a glorious full press of sail. The kit even includes the compass table where Crozier commanded the vessel!

Details of the model's quarterdeck/stern. Skylights, companionways, the wheel,
and even the compass table are all accurately represented. 



The unique diagonal planking characteristic of Terror's upper deck, and the
 Preston patent illuminators are all represented in fine detail. 

Some small alternations were made by OcCre to increase the ease of building the model, but, at 1:65 scale, it’s a remarkably detailed model, and highly accurate to her 1845 configuration. Full colour instructions will take the model builder through the process step-by-step; hobbyists of all skill levels will have no problem building this kit.

I have always hoped that I would one day assist a ship model company in making an accurate model of HMS Terror. That a company like OcCre has created such a model from my designs is a dream come true. Terror has long deserved the honour of having a fine model kit in her name; it’s a very elite club, especially for a Royal Navy exploration vessel.

You can build the kit using a natural wood finish,
which closely mimics qualities of my 1:48 scale model.

My 1:48 scale model for comparison. Photo Credit: Stephen Darby. 



OcCre's model uses high-quality woods which mimic the wood choices made for my scratch-built model. 

To celebrate this milestone in Terror’s career, I am giving away one of OcCre’s Terror kits. The contest is simple. Find my Twitter or Instagram accounts and 1) Like, and, 2) Comment on the post about this kit. It’s as simple as that. I will choose a winner randomly on April 27th, and will announce it on my social media accounts (i.e. you’ll have to follow me to know if you won).  If you don’t contact me within 24 hours after I announce a winner, a new winner will be announced.

YOU CAN WIN THIS KIT!!


If you just can’t wait to build your very own model of HMS Terror, please visit OcCre’s website, where you can order it for only € 99.95. For such a detailed and accurate kit, which involved so much historical research, it’s a sincere bargain. Also, check out OcCre's Facebook page to see more about the development of the kit. 

UPDATE!: The model is now available for sale in North America from Ages of Sail!

UPDATE 2! The model is now available directly from the UK, from Always Hobbies and it's even a little cheaper!



13 comments:

  1. Your dream has wonderfully come true. Congratulations !

    Seeing all those lines on the pictures of the OcCre model made me wonder how many yards of rope it took to run the original Terror and how much it all weighed. Bear in mind that when ships were beset in the Arctic, rigging and spars would have to come down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a well-known fact that Illuminati consist of Multi Millionaires,
      Billionaires who have major influence regarding most global affairs,
      including the planning of a New World Order. Many world leaders,
      Presidents, Prime Ministers, royalty and senior executives of major Fortune
      500 companies are members of Illuminati. join a secret cabal of mysterious
      forces and become rich with boundless measures of wealth in your company or
      any given business, the great Illuminati can make everything possible just
      contact : join666cult@gmail.com or WhatsApp +1(646)481-0376 EL
      IAI LEXION Thaddeus Iam Vice-President of Citizen Outreach THE ILLUMINATI
      ORGANIZATION

      Do not hesitate to contact us by WhatsApp.

      Whatsapp: +1(646)481-0376
      Email : join666cult@gmail.com

      BEWARE OF SCAMMERS, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS REGISTRATION FEE AND YOU MUST
      BE ABOVE THE AGE OF 18YRS.
      THANKS...

      Delete
    2. I was searching for loan to sort out my bills& debts, then i saw comments about Blank ATM Credit Card that can be hacked to withdraw money from any ATM machines around you . I doubted thus but decided to give it a try by contacting { cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com} they responded with their guidelines on how the card works. I was assured that the card can withdraw $5,000 instant per day & was credited with$50,000,000.00 so i requested for one & paid the delivery fee to obtain the card, after 24 hours later, i was shock to see the UPS agent in my resident with a parcel{card} i signed and went back inside and confirmed the card work's after the agent left. This is no doubts because i have the card & has made used of the card. This hackers are USA based hackers set out to help people with financial freedom!! Contact these email if you wants to get rich with this Via: cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com ..    

      Delete
  2. Through my interest in the Franklin search, I found my way to your erebusandterrorfiles - in particular your great post called "Cans of Confusion". I'm fascinated by the stories of these wonderful ships and how they were lost so long ago but recently found in the Arctic. And we mustn't forget their special Antarctic connection in the Ross Sea with volcanoes commemorating both of their names and in Erebus & Terror Gulf off the tip of the peninsula. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! I would love to win and build this model. I like the recent (fictional) TV series about the @HMSTerror_model very much, but the history and mystery surrounding the real @HMSTerror_model is even more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just purchased this! I fell in love with the show and watched countless documentaries about the expedition. I'm relatively new to model ship building so wish me luck!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. wordpress website

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for wonderful information I was looking for this info for my mission. Alexandr Shcolyar

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to testify about TD Ameritrade who helped me invest my bitcoin and made me who I am today, I never believe in investing in bitcoin until I met TD Ameritrade. I saw so many testimonies about him helping people to invest their bitcoin. I decide to contact him and invested $500 and, after 72 hours, I get my $ 5,000 profit in my bitcoin wallet. Since I invested with them and I always receive my profit without delay, so if you want to invest your bitcoin, TD Ameritrade is the best deal with which you can invest and make profit is a guarantee. So, if you want to invest, just contact him and he will guide you on how to start your investment. Email: tdameritrade077@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. STOP WASTING YOUR TIME ON FAKE PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE AN AGENT I WAS SCAMED 4TIMES NOT UNTIL I RECIEVE A MESSAGE ON MY WHATSAPP TO CONTACT MR HARRIS WHICH I DID NOW I AM A FULL MEMBER OF THE GREAT ILLUMINATI BROTHERHOOD BE WHAT YOU WHICH FOR IN LIFE BY JOINING THE GREAT ILLUMINATI BROTHERHOOD TODAY Further encouraging the rumours is the widespread use of supposed "Illuminati" imagery in music videos. Many Freemason and Illuminati symbols, like devil horns and the all-seeing eye, have simply become popular in mainstream culture. But it's also true that some musicians seem to enjoy deliberately playing with symbols connected to secret societies.if you are interested contact via whatsapp or call +14092993890 GOOD LUCK.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm is anyone else having problems with the pictures on this blog loading? I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog. Any responses would be greatly appreciated. Alexandr Shcolyar

    ReplyDelete

  10. TODAY I GOT MY DESIRED XMAS LOAN AMOUNT $520,000.00 FROM A RELIABLE AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY. IF YOU NEED A LOAN NOW EMAIL CONTACT drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Hello, I'm here to testify of how i got my loan from BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE(drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com) I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan to pay bills, start business or build a house, they offer all kinds of loan. So feel free to contact Dr. Benjamin Owen he holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly without cost/stress via Email: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Consider all your financial problems tackled and solved ASAP. Share this to help a soul right now THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Victim of a BTC Scam? Contact Ultimate Hacker Jerry to recover your Lost Bitcoin.

    Have you ever been a victim of a scam? or have you Suffered a loss from a Fraudulent Ponzi Scheme? I implore you to Contact Ultimate Hacker Jerry, A Certified hacker and Lost Crypto Recovery Expert. I once fell victim to an online imposter who convinced me to invest in a phoney Cryptocurrency scheme by claiming to have made large profits from the plan. My Trezor wallet contained $219,100 in Crypto that I lost, I had been reporting to the Authorities tirelessly for a longtime without getting assistance before I finally got in touch with Ultimate Hacker Jerry. Fortunately after a serious conversation with Ultimate Hacker Jerry all my funds were recovered back.
    I recommend this Expert to any victim who has lost Crypto to any fake online Ponzi Scheme..

    Get in touch with ULTIMATE HACKER JERRY
    Through ; Mail (Ultimatehackerjerry@seznam. cz)
    WhatsAp, (+1,5/20,2827,15,1)

    ReplyDelete